SPEAKER FOR SCHOOLS
Sarah is a member of a network of over 900 speakers, created by the charity 'Speakers for Schools' who are leading figures in many different fields from the arts to science, business, politics, sport and the media. The charity provides state schools and colleges with free talks from inspirational speakers to help young people broaden their horizons and aim high. Sarah has given several talks on topics such as careers in psychology, resilience and mental health and women in science. Sarah also gives talks and runs workshops at local private schools on topics such as interview skills, study skills & exam technique, resilience and mental health; and was recently invited to join the Board of Governors at a local school to evaluate and develop methods for measuring student achievement. Recent examples appear below:
- A career in Psychology, what is it like? (Scheduled for March 2016). Woking College
- A career in Psychology, what is it like? And what is it like to be a woman in science? Coombe Academy Trust Girls School (September 2015)
- Dream it…Believe it…Achieve it! Limpsfield School (July 2014).
- Dream it…Believe it…Achieve it! Guildford College (March 2014).
- Careers in Psychology presented at the ‘World of Work’ evening at Epsom College (January 2016).
- Resilience in children and how to promote it (Scheduled for March 2016). Moon Hall School for Dyslexic Children
- Study skills and exam technique. (Scheduled for summer term 2016). Moon Hall School for Dyslexic Children.
CONFERENCE SPEAKER(specialist talks)
Sarah gives talks at international conferences; at University conferences and seminars; at training events run by the legal profession; at charity events; and to Peers and Members of Parliament. A few examples appear below:
- Conference in the Palace of Westminster Hosted by Rt Hon Andy Burnham MP, Shadow Secretary of State for Health (2nd December 2014).
- Central Law Training event on ‘Catastrophic Brain Injury’, Holborn, London (16th September 2014).
- British Psychological Society Post Qualification Training Day on ‘Toxicology’ London (5th September 2008).
- British Neuropsychology Society Conference’, National Hospital for Neurology & Neurosurgery, Queen Square, London (13-14th November 2013).
- Brain Injury Rehabilitation Trust (September 2009).
- Royal College of General Practitioners, London (27th November 2009).
- Master Class on Stroke. UCL, London (28th March 2014).
- Memory Assessment & Rehabilitation, UCL, London (16th December 2011).
- Veterinary Medicines Directorate, Medical and Scientific Panel, London (15th September 2006).
- Global Cabin Air Quality Executive Conference’, Haywards Heath (5th October 2006).
- The charity ‘Victim Support’ (22nd February 2007).
Sarah also works with the media and has appeared in several documentaries and on radio and television news programmes over the years.